CAT NMS, LLC Soliciting Nominees for the CAT Advisory Committee
The Operating Committee of CAT NMS, LLC is pleased to announce that it is soliciting nominees for the initial fourteen (14) members of the CAT Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee is a committee formed pursuant to Section 4.13 of the CAT NMS Plan to advise the Operating Committee, or subcommittees thereof, on the implementation, operation, and administration of the Central Repository. Individuals serving on the Advisory Committee serve on behalf of themselves individually and not on behalf of their employers.
The Operating Committee encourages interested individuals to submit a request to join the Advisory Committee by sending an email to CATNMSDAG@deloitte.com no later than Tuesday, January 31, 2017. When submitting the request for consideration, please include the following information:
- Individual Name
- Firm Name
- Applicable Role (Please refer below for the various roles)
- One (1) representative of a broker-dealer with no more than 150 Registered Persons.
- One (1) representative of a broker-dealer with at least 151 and no more than 499 Registered Persons.
- One (1) representative of a broker-dealer with 500 or more Registered Persons;
- One (1) representative of a broker-dealer with a substantial wholesale customer base.
- One (1) representative of a broker-dealer that is approved by a national securities exchange (A) to effect transactions as a specialist, market maker or floor broker; or (B) to act as an institutional broker on an exchange.
- One (1) representative of a proprietary-trading broker-dealer.
- One (1) representative of a clearing firm.
- One (1) individual who maintains a securities account with a registered broker or dealer but who otherwise has no material business relationship with a broker or dealer or with a Participant of CAT NMS, LLC.
- One (1) member of academia who is a financial economist.
- Three (3) representatives of institutional investors, including at least one (1) individual trading on behalf of an investment company or group of investment companies registered pursuant to the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- One (1) individual with significant and reputable regulatory experience.
- One (1) representative of a service bureau that provides reporting services to one or more CAT Reporters.
The initial Advisory Committee members shall consist of the following individuals:
The initial term for Advisory Committee members will be as follows:
Four members of the Advisory Committee, as determined by the Operating Committee, shall serve an initial term of one year. Five members of the Advisory Committee, as determined by the Operating Committee, shall serve an initial term of two years. All other members of the Advisory Committee shall have a term of three years. No member of the Advisory Committee may serve thereon for more than two consecutive terms.